Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BIO


Name: Kent Ganevsky
School: Roosevelt Middle School, Glendale, California
Subject: 7th Grade Math- Computer Science ( 3D Animation, 3D game development, website creation, computer programming)
Classroom: 5107
Bio:  I have been teaching math and now a computer science class for 10 years.  I taught Algebra, Geometry at the high school in the Hart District for two years.  I then came to Roosevelt five years ago and taught 8th grade Intro to Algebra, and for the last two years I have taught 7th grade math.
I now teach a class and run the new Computer Science club at Roosevelt Middle School and we will now be using our math skills to create 3D animations and 3D models with our new 3D printer,. We will put our works up on my website for the studios to see.k.  Our goal is to get our scrub members to challenge themselves, to strive to improve, and to start on a path to a successful career in computer science.

I have a BA in Business Management from the University of Idaho, and a MBA from USC in finance and statistics.  I worked in the corporate world for 10 years as a telecommunications manager ( AT@T and Transamerica). I then started and ran my own business for 20 years selling 3D animation software and hardware from Autodesk, nonlinear digital editing systems, and also building and managing websites.
I believe that hard work and constant improvement leads to success in math.  I do not care at what level of math a student enters my class,  but I do care about what level they leave at.  I expect to see improvement each day. Every student can be successful at math if they push themselves and practice.  Some will simply require more time to succeed.
I run my own website and all of my lesson plans,  tutorials, practice problems, tests, and our  computer science projects are on it.  My website is
http://www.computergraphics.com

my email is 

kentg@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment