Sunday, March 9, 2014

Using the smartboard for teaching 



I have used my smartboard for teaching 7th grade math for the last three years.   I make it a part of all of my lesson plans.

I call on my students to come up and solve problems on the board and go step by step to do so. This enables both the students and I to see if they can do the problems we are working on.

They all love coming up to the smart board to do the problems and even though I use a seating chart to call on students they are always raising their hands to come and solve problems on the smart board. 

I have all of my lessons done before each class we simply go from screen to screen.   I can bring in images, capture screens from the internet,  and use the document scanner to scan in images from any book I want.   They are a variety of tools to use to hide part of the screen,  highlight parts of it, and to use a wide variety of images and interactive games that it comes with. 

I also use the responder for a wide variety of my tests.   This means the test are instantly graded when I stop the tests, and not only can I see and record or export them the students can instantly see their grade and what questions they missed also.  This is incredible advantage to offer to my students.   They have immediate feedback on these tests and we can go over them instantly.    Compared to wait for days to get a non-responder test back,  the is a great tool to motivate your students and to let you know what subjects you may have to reteach again,

I also show instructional youtube videos on my smart board and it plus in a set of classroom speakers built into my room.   I will also soon be creating my own youtube instructional videos and also a interactive website

So I would recommend that all teachers or instructors in any field look to use a smartboard in their classes for it will definitely enhance their teaching. 






No comments:

Post a Comment